Hospital Broadcasting Sheffield Annual General Meeting
Rutland Hotel 25th February 2014 7:30pm
1) JM welcomes everyone to the meeting.
2) JM review the last twelve months.
- Charity is now able to offer better services to patients
- There are now more live shows per week than the year before
- Patient Team is now in to double figures
- Relationships formed with SHC, WPCC, and Forge Radio – who are assisting with engineer projects
- Money from Weston Park is for offering our services, (interviews) and visiting patients
- We now have an amount of money which enables us to develop the station further.
- The studio is beginning to fail, and investment into computers/broadcast equipment the top priority.
- Asks for peoples inputs into the studio redesign – a suggestion box will be placed in the studio.
- The charity has grown in terms of members in every department
3) Financial Review – Steven Julious
- Began with £7,000, now, £17,000
- Large amounts money from one-off grants
- SHC is an ongoing commitment – gave a £2,000 grant.
- £1,800 from Netheredge, we were the nominated charity.
- An individual via my donate, donated £371
- Our average annual spend is £5,000.
- In surplus for previous two years
- We want to aim to have £10,000 in the bank at the end of each year (February – February)
- Will go bankrupt within two years, if fundraising was to stop.
4) New volunteering/membership scheme
- JM details the new proposed volunteering scheme.
- All volunteers would be required to raise £100 or the equivalent every year.
- Each fundraising attended (for at least 1 hour) would be equivalent to £25.
- A discussion followed – it was suggested members of the patient team should do half – £50.
- JM said there would be many more fundraising events than previous years, with between twelve and twenty four.
- BC suggested it would be done on a pro rata basis.
- A vote to introduce the scheme for the studio team was passed, with eleven for, and seven against.
- A vote to implement the scheme was passed, with twenty one for, and two against.
- The studio charge of £10 and £15 will stay in place until the next AGM.
- The committee will need to discuss the recording and management of the scheme.
5) Fundraising/Website – Tony Carroll
- A new fundraising team is being developed, for PR, fundraising, marketing and journalism
- SJ says that forty nine people have enquired, twenty have been seen, and eight to ten will be on the team.
- Will be responsible for producing material for shows.
- The new websites domain – www.sheffieldhospitalradio.co.uk
- Currently low on content
- Invitation for members to produce content/images/sound/articles.
- Website will be developed, to include information about shows and presenters.
- Will work with online broadcasting
- Website will be used to coordinate events
- Sheffield Hospital Radio now registered on LinkedIn
6) Other committee reports:
Kurt Sullivan: Patient Team:
- Patient Team members now in double figures.
- Northern General still covered considerably less than other hospitals.
- Weston Park seen twice a week.
- Ella will be co-opted as Patient Team coordinator when she has been cleared.
Barrie Clarke: Membership:
- 112 enquiries, 39 interviews, 28 live shows, 53 current members.
Paul Hibberd: Librarian
- Music downloads have amounted to £195
- Some money back from using Amazon link
- Any music requests can be downloaded from the studio
- Members to make notes of request on the librarians board
Rob Straw: Training
- If anyone is looking for training, email Rob, to arrange a time.
7) Committee Election:
- James Mckennan – Chairman
- Kurt Sullivan – Vice Chairman/Patient Team Coordinator
- Barrie Clarke – Membership
- Steven Julious – Treasurer
- Tony Carroll – Marketing/Fundraising
- Rob Straw – Training
- Paul Hibberd – Librarian
- Jordan Cullen – Secretary
- Rich Oxley – Station Manager
- Jon Stittle raises concerns about the frequency of the Sheffield Sports show.
- Grace Stead/Wayne Russel and Matt Lenn show interest in being reserves for Saturday sports show.
- The AM signal at the NG is now clear.
- JM says the time scale of the refurbishment depends on when we appoint in house engineers, although Forge will assist with problems in the meantime.
- Members are to contact James if they encounter any problems in studio.
The committee thanks Simon Temple for his time with the charity, and wish him well in the future.